Need Help Won't Boot

Status
Not open for further replies.

bparker333

Solid State Member
I have a problem this is the 2nd time this happened. When I plug something into the front USB the computer goes black and doesn't boot up anymore. So I called gyga-byte and they said the USB shorted out so I sent the board back and got a replacement. So now 1 month later the same thing happens. What is the problem?

if they sent you a replacement of the same motherboard then there is a very good chance that exactly the same thing happened again. ask for a replacement motherboard made by a different manufactorer.

Ground yourself before you plug it in.

This is the most common 'cause of damage to the motherboard throught he front port panel. Often the usb and firewire ports are exposed metal-socket ports. If you've got a good amount of static electricity in ya (especially during these winter months when the air is dry and carpets are excitable) and you touch the ports (or the internal sockets) while the machine is on, you can fry that puppy easily.

I can, at will, make just about any machine reboot during the work day just by reaching over and touching my index finger to the front firewire socket. Zot, POST. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom