Bios

Status
Not open for further replies.

saravanakumar

Baseband Member
hi,
i had overwritten my BIOS ROM with a wrong version of ROM file for my motherboard,with a flash utility.
when my computer is switched on,there is no display in the monitor,the monitor LED just blinks,but the HDD LED glows in the CPU.
my motherboard is MERCURY(or KOB) ZX AT-98, how do i re-program in BIOS chip again,
anybody please gimme the link for the correct ROM file greater than v1.28.
thnx for any help!

You doubble and tripple check to make sure your using the right bios first. Only option is to get a new mobo or bios chip.

This is assuming you already try'ed to reset it with the jumpers.

Re: BIOS

saravanakumar said:
the mercury ZX AT 98 board comes with some auto-jumper, the mainboard manual says!!!!!!!!

That's to reset the bios, which just sets the bios back to defaults. However, it will set your new (wrong) bios back to the defaults most likely. It could work try it.

Also, what bios did you use? I almost flashed my router with computer bios before :confused:

the only way to do it is go to the BIOS maker and order a bios ( a physical bios) . If your BIOS is socketed you can just pull the old one out and throw the new one in. If it is physically connected you need some presicion cutters to cut it away, then you have to solder the new one on.
Or you can send your MOBO to the company, but expect it to take weeks and they will charge you alot of money, either DIY or pony up some cash.

Or you can use one of these if you know what you are doing.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=4661&item=3876197174&rd=1

You'll need a new BIOS chip. They're relatively cheap...but you also need a BIOS chip removal tool (if you just pry it out you can damage the socket for the chip).

So a few bucks can save you if you can find the right BIOS chip. It's pretty simple to fix. You might invest in a "BIOS SAVIOR" chip as well...google that.

saravanakumar said:
4W4K3, is BIOS SAVIOR worthy, abt itz cost????

well it saves you from having to go through all of this lol. You backup your BIOS on it and if you screw up it will reload your BIOS and you don't have to go out every time and get a new BIOS chip and reflash it and all of that nice stuff. If you have problems flashing your BIOS then it really is handy...but a little research/caution will make flashing your BIOS easy. i've easily flashed my BIOS 20+ times and never messed up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom