Nub question, sorry - What IS this? (picture attatched)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RTFM? ME?

Beta member
Sorry about this, im a real idiot when it comes to these things living in the age of the 486 and the amiga.

I got a laptop / notebook around about a year ago, one of the things that has allways puzzled me is this small thing on the side of it.

I assumed it was a sort of cardreader, but im vary wary on how to use it and what to use it with.

Its a small piece of plastic about 3.4 x 1.2 inches that slots into the left hand side of the notebook. And has its own mechanical eject system, heres a picture.

(I put a coke can ringpull next to it for scale purposes)

I was thinking maybe its some sort of idiot mode memory stick thing, for extra ram or something, really i have no clue what its for

looks like a pcmcia card filler ...

nothing that usefull its only there to fill in the empty space... till u put in a pcmcia card in that slot..

ya its to keep dust out i think and so nothing goes in there that isnt supposed to....

i think its a tracking device when u bought ur computer so the company tracks u with that peice of metal ..!! HIDE!! THERE WATCHING U.........

I knew it... enemy of the state type spy crap, its because i stole that penny sweet when i was 12.

Anywho thanks for the info, now ill try and figure out what a pcmcia thingy is =)

he's right its a dummy card for dust protection. it looks like this

IOFLEX-2002-2.jpg

laptop_PCMCIA_nic25.jpg

3c589_insert.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom