Service Pack 2-Bad?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
For me, it works great.

The only downfall I've encountered is that it screws up the graphics in one of my games. Besides that, it's a whole lot better than SP1.

I have had no problems with service pack 2 on the three of my home PC's and work PC's. I also have it installed on about 125 PC's on our network with no trouble at all as well. We are using them as test mules before we deploy the rest of the building and so far it has been very stable no problems at all. Of course we had to disable the firewall since we have our own :)

first view i got of sp2 was that its anoying. might be good for corporate use but for home use you're better off not having it i think. the process count increases with 8 processes, if you try to release all your memory and cpu before you go into a game (like me i dont start a game without having less than 20 processes running) then you're better off not having it.

whats the difference between sp1 and sp2? when i start my comp it takes like 2 mins for evething to get rolling ie connecting to net or windows media player. think its fines or just my comp.

install sp1 and sp2 can make XP longer startup? wah.., I would be thinking back to install it

SP2 messed up my computer totaly the first time I used it. But I think it has been updated slightly due to the overwhelming mass of e-mail Microsoft got after its release. I recently installed it on a freshly installed version of Windows XP and its fine.

A lot of people had problems initially with the SP2 release because of one or more of the following reasons:

A: Their update file was corrupted (due to mass demand or bad connection)

B: They downloaded from a 3rd-party site instead of from the source (Microsoft)

C: They didn't read any documentation, notes, or anything, and messed themselves up.

D: They had illegal copies of XP to begin with, and SP2 blitzed them (as it should).

E: They had existing problems that SP2 revealed.

F: Their computers shouldn't have been on XP to begin with (borderline obsolete).

G: They had hardware that SP2 didn't support because the hardware manufacturers never bothered to keep tabs with Microsoft's partner release doco's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom