WoW Recomendations

Status
Not open for further replies.

foreverxyoung

In Runtime
Hey guys i was just wandering if any of you guys play WoW because i wanted to know if my BFG FX 5500 is enough to play WoW smoothly on normal settings ...40fps+ mayb?

hmmm.. is it that the higher refresh rates the better? or other way around...thanks for your replies =D

refresh rate is seperate from FPS, high refresh rate technically means it'd be easier on your eyes and appear smoother, but we're talking on a level pretty undetectable by the human eye. FPS is where it matters, human eye can't detect above like 30-40 beyond that it looks smooth.

Now with that said I'm sure there will be posts 'Oh well I notice difference between 60 and 61 FPS' but it's scientific studies that give us the fact we can't detect beyond 40 or so FPS, so I don't know if it's people trying to seem special or what.

Anyway, I haven't played WoW and the FX 5500 isn't really powerful, but I would pretty much think it should play it as long as you dont want insane high settings.

thanks nubius.. il make shure to keep it at default settings. so your saying just go ahead increase my refresh rates to 75 even tho i wont notice a total differense. FPS is what matters.. got it nubius, thanks so much man

HOLY **** i just made it 75 and my eyes are all weird buht OMG i can actualy tell a differense!! its waaaaaaaaaay better!! thanks nubius!!!

yeah like I said, some people who suffer from eye strain will be able to look at a screen longer without getting a headache with a higher refresh rate. So if your eyes dont bother you it generally wont matter, but yeah higher FPS = smoother gameplay of course :D so that's what you want to strive for.

You OC that 5500?

My 5700 is dying :( never again will I buy chaintech, had to RMA the first one, only had this card like...7 months or so and it's dying

CRAP I tell ya

6600GT in sight :D

hmm i have played it once with my x800 but im sure it shud run fine with the default settings but the game is retarted its a waiste of $$ and its boring

nah i didnt oc my video card. well actually its a BFG FX5500 OC and it comes already oc. Originialy its 270 then they oced to 290. Any more then that i see black random things appear on my screen when i play games, lol. I dont even notice a fps difference when i oc and it crashes too much. Lol BFG isn that good for your money. eVGA or PNY !

6600gt in site 2 lol

i think its a a sweet game...the requirements arent really to high either...i know some1 that runs it fairly smooth with a 64 MB intergrated vid card on an e-machine..u shood be alright tho

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom