Need Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

PeopLes

Solid State Member
I am having a very bad problem with one of my computers, when i turn it on the built in speaker starts going off and the display wont work so i cant see anything going on, There is nothing with the video card i plugged it into another computer and it worked, i have a hardrive plugged in so that cant be the reason the built in speaker is going off. Can someone help me :D

First thing, those beeps from the mobo are codes for an error. You need to write down the beeps as you hear them, they may be long beeps, short beeps or a mixture of the two but you need to write them down.

Next what make of mobo is it, or even better what BIOS is on the mobo?

As a total guess I would say your memory is kapput or dislodged, try removing it and reseating or try putting it in another memory slot, also reseat all AGP and PCI cards.

If that doesnt work report back with the beep codes and your mobo or BIOS info.

Good luck

another problem i moved the ram and it booted now it wont detect the hardrive i went into the BIOS and set the harddrive as primary boot device and i also checked the jumper setting and it is set to master
the computer also takes forever to get started i press the power button and it starts for a second then shuts down i have to go through that several times until it starts
could someone help please

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom