videocard question

Status
Not open for further replies.
bigtimeballer50, im guessing your talking about PCI Express...? PCI Express will very soon be alot better then AGP. As of this moment, i guess its safe to say PCI Express is a little faster, or would perform better then the same card of AGP. But not by alot. Thats because they havent fully utilized PCI Express. Soon they will, and AGP will be on the out side like old PCI.

Trust me on this one, spend a little more on your graphics card, (than a 5700) and right now the best bang for your buck card is the Nvidia 6600gt. I use it for HL2 with no problems and excellent graphics. Paid $255 cad. It did much better when tested in newer games than the 9800pro 256 256, and its only 128 mb's. I have the pci- express version , love it. Nuff said....

Either one is good, the eVGA 6600 GT for agp and pci express both work very well. Yes its GDDR3.

stay away from the 128 6800gt unless ur on a budget and desperately want more than a 6600..

with highend cards, u need 256 to get the kinda performance u expect, with mid range cards such as the 98pro and 66gt.. 128 is more than enuf

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom