Service Pack 2-Bad?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nibbles

Baseband Member
My freind today called me and said that the Service Pack 2 on Windows Update totally crashed his computer because it replaced a VITAL .dll in System32, i was just checking with everyone in the forum about there expeiriences with the new update. Please respond so i dont make the mistake myself, i appriceate the help.

It depends on how well you've taken care of your XP installation. If you have a fast, flawless copy installed, then go ahead and apply the service pack.

~Beeudaya

Thx, this is very helpful but one last question. What do you take for "flawless" how "perfect" does it need to be?

If your crashing windows frequently. Doing hard shutdowns and crashing applications. It isn't flawless.

~Alex81388

Ok, ill verify one more time with my freind, but this definately re-assured me on getting it, thx to both of you.

If you have kept up your maintenance on your PC, such as Windows updates, uninstalling unused apps (instead of ignoring them, or DELETING them), keeping adware/spyware at bay, and the like, SP2 should go over without a hitch. At least it did for me.

~Everyone that helped

Thx so much, as i said again i will check with my freind one more time but over-all i probably will get SP2. Thanks everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom