montior help

Status
Not open for further replies.

chevyss

Beta member
Our computer is prety old prob 4-5 years old an were haveing problems with the monitor. The contrast an brightness are all the way up an its still not bright enough on the dark colors.

Can you post some specs?

If your monitor's really old, then it's probably just seen better days ;)

But tell us what your comp is, and then we can help out.

clean the vidio cable plugs and jiggle the cord around. Ive fixed many problems like that just by moving the cable a bit.

If its a CRT, then your phosphor took a sh!t.. Thats exactly what happens when CRT's lose color contrast.

if your graphics card has an advanced properties dialogue, bring it up and adjust the gamma. I ran into this problem with an old emachines monitor, I sent it back to the factory after it fried. They sent it back, still didn't work, went through this about 3 times, and finally, it turned on, but it was dark, too dark. Oh, and if your graphics card doesn't have an advanced properties dialouge, you can usually pick one up off the net. Adobe sends a good one out. GOOD LUCK!!!

well I dont know much about computers Just the basics. Ill try cleaning the video cable an for the specs well on the front of the monitar its says compaq MV920 an its an 18in other than that I dont know were to look.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom