AMD 64-Bit Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
We think we might have it. We got a hold of a program that scans your hardware componite for problems. Needed less to say after a couple of scans we think it is the motherboard.

It kinda sounded like data corruption from somewhere, but usually when that happens it stops loading windows. I've never had a mb be doa either.

I keep getting corrupt install's with windows xp pro on my system, tryed 3 differnt HDD's but im starting to think its my motherboard causeing the corruption, because i build my computer around a lot of static electricity that night...

Ok we got it stable. This is what we had found out that you might also want to try your self. We took out 1 stick of memory and left the other in and now it runs fine and we haven't had a problem yet. Crazy but it worked and we have no idea why it would couse a problem the mother board says it can go up to 4GB and we only had 1GB. But give that a try and tell us if it worked.

Im guessing you had 2 different types of RAM, witch is pretty common. Just remember that the processor itself has nothing to do with those kind of problems.

Really? Wow, even if it was DOA i would think it should of ignored dead RAM. Thats strange your problem went away after that. Just remember that 939 mobo's are all dual channel memory. So your going to need to get another stick of RAM. Thats really slowing your computer down.

None of the memory was bad. we switched out memory. Change what socket it was in and it worked every time. But when we put that other stick in there it goes to crap. Really strange. So I don't think were going to be putting in another stick anytime soon. Scene were just useing it for a basic webserver.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom