First time building computer...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm stumped and exhuasted my ideas. Have you tried calling Asus technical support?

If you get a camera working, send me a pic. I'm intriqued enough to read more on the cheksum errors - it seems to be a common error message. I wondering which sum rules are off.

Nothing jumps out at me as a problem. I don't know what I'm see with 4.JPG but I see everything plugged in where it belongs. I'm still stumped.

Well, the wires in 4.jpg come out of the case and they say +5v, GRND, D+, D- (Around those lines)

Well I guess its half good I have everything plugged in right, but half bad because there's no identifiable problem :(

Oh, I don't know if this makes much of a difference but I was supposed to put glue on the processor, for the fan, I only put a bit on because I didn't want to ruin it, I don't know if that could cause an error or not...

Any ideas? o_O

It's not glue. It's thermal paste and yes it could be a problem if it's not applied correctly, the CPU could overhead and cause a safety shutdown. There should be a thin uniform coat. But, I don't think or know that we are seeing a problem with CPU overheating.

Oh, it's good I barely put none on then. My fan came with a "Thermal compound" seringe type deal, is that what I should of used?

I'll call ASUS tech support if everyone is fresh out of ideas :-\
Thanks for all your help up to this point though ^_^

Also, do you think overheating might be why it keeps shutting down?

Yes, it is likely that overheating would be shutting it down. You should probably take off your heatsink, clean it with denatured alcohol (90%) and q-tip (don't use rubbing alcohol), and apply the thermal compound. You should be able to google an article on proper application of the thermal compound.

For all I know about this BIOS, a properly seated hint sink could solve your problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom