Will DDR2-533MHz work in a Sony Vaio FS550?

Status
Not open for further replies.

miston

Baseband Member
Will DDR2-533MHz work in a Sony Vaio FS550 laptop?

I've pretty much decided to go with a Sony Vaio FS550 since its thin and light but MAINLY due to the screen being SO NICE!!

However, I've been waiting patiently for Sonoma to be released, and I would like to be able to take advantage of its benefits, at least down the line.

The Vaio FS550 only comes with DDR-333MHz memory. This should be fine for now, but down the road I would like to upgrade to DDR2-533 when the prices and latency speeds come down.

It has the Intel 915PM chipset, which supports DDR2-533.

The question is will the Vaio FS550 support it?

thanks in advance for any help!

stock = rip off i bougt an hp from the store and it turned out 2 be crap so i turned it into custom by upgrading the parts slowly slowly dont get sony or hp or other brands they rip u off ur only paying alot for the name but the stuff in there is crap trust me..

It wont fit even if it wasnt a pre built as that ddr333 is ddr 1 - which uses 184 pin ddr 2 uses 240

you wont be able to make use of anything else on a vaio, as the graphics card are out dated, and you cant overclock them.

I sugest that the you save your money, and build your own.

bigtimeballer50 you forgot to mension DELL individually, they are the most annoying with it, with their parts being one of the worst.

Well NOBODY has a screen as nice as the Sony....NOBODY!

As far as graphics goes, Sony offers the NVIDIA® GeForce™ Go 6200 128MB TurboCache, which is great for my purposes. Since I want something thin and light, this is about the best graphics card I will find.

I wish Fujitsu would hurry up and update their S7000 series with Sonoma!

lol just build a custom comp ten and get a n sony montier they sell the sepretly do not get there dekstops its a rip off and full of crap inside it iur just apying alot for the name SONY thats all the stuff in there is bs

I'm talking about a laptop!

I guess I should have made that clear, but the mentioning of SONOMA should have gave that away!

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom