First time building computer...

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you have the BIOS I think, use your arrow keys and go to the "exit" menu. You should see an option "load setup defaults". DO it and then save and exit. Let me know what happens from there.

I did that, now whenever I boot up I get no picture on my monitor :-\

(1) CPU, RAM, and Graphics Card. - DONE
(2) the 34 pin ribon cable from your floppy disk - DONE
(3) two plugs from your power supply (a rectangular plug which is your main power source - DONE
and a square 4 pin plug that is a 12V shource - added to new systems for stability purposes) - CANT FIND
(4) A two wire plug from your case for your power button - PWR SW??
(5) The wire from your CPU fan to your Motherboard. - DONE
(6) The mini molex connectr form the power supply to your floppy disk. -WHAT IS A MOLEX CONNECTER? (I think I know, pretty sure I have that done anyway, just gives power to floppy drive)

Okay, Asus has really gone downhill lately! There is jumper to reset your BIOS. I'll find the docs again and help you find it.

Page 2-19 of the document at

http://www.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/socket939/A8V-E_Deluxe/e1781_a8v-e_deluxe.pdf

tells you how to reset your BIOS. However, at this point, it might be wise to contact Asus technical support and let them walk you through it. I'd hate to set you on a path where you might toast the BIOS without direct support.

Did you check the CPU Fan plug? It would be easy to plug it into the wrong place. It would run just find but the BIOS wouldn't see it.

Okay, I did that, I even tried to restore default again and it crashed, but Im back at BIOS now, next step?

Well... go into the CMOS and set the time and date. (I think it's on the first page.) Save, Exit, and reenter the BIOS on next Boot.

Did you check to see that you are plugged into the correct place for the CPU fan? Check the CPU temp in system monitor. IF the temp is under 50c let's see if we can ignore the error for now and boot to a C: prompt on a floppy.

Im not getting CMOS time/date error anymore
I cant get into BIOS, it shuts down everytime I try. The fan ontop of my processor runs really fast, but the one on my case is really really slow, barely moving...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom