Program that helps modify monitor settings?

Status
Not open for further replies.

og5

Baseband Member
Hi guys,

I got my 21" CRT monitor today. I love the huge screen area. But even as big as it is, I still have trouble reading the text at 1600x1200 (it's native resolution) It looks washed out and blurry. I can read the text but it's not that sharp. The monitor's color is also not good. I have adjusted the settings but I can't get the colors to be as vibrant as on my laptop (or even close) I'm not too happy about my purchase, I thought the color and sharpness would be better on a sony trinitron. Are there any programs I can use to help me modify the settings?

Here's the monitor I have:
http://www.accurateit.com/details.asp?iid=323

thanks

Well...there's usually buttons somewhere...like on the bottom of the moniter. There's firmware in the moniter w/ a crude interface....but it will make the colors better. And for the text size, i think you can change the default in the control panel.

Ok thanks, is there any way to update the firmware? I have adjusted the monitor's color settings but I can't get them to look that good. Also there is no option to adjust the sharpness so the image is a little blurry.

text between LCD and CRT is purly hardware. thats one of the differeneced between them, theres no setting u can change to make a CRT display test like LCD.

only setting know of is u can try /conrole pannel/display/appearence/effects/turn 'clear type' on or off.
----------------------------------------------------
u dont have to run a CRT at its native res. try 1200x1000 res.

i dont know what kind of display adpater u have, but on my geforce card, i can go to /conrole pannel/display/settings/advanced/geforce/collor correction/Digital vibrance selection.
--------------------------------------
what are u using this monitor for, more specifically?

Try increasing your font size in Display Properties/Appearance.
Most Retail Video Cards will have a Monitor Adjustment Utility on the CD .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom