floppy format......GRRRRRR

Status
Not open for further replies.

another_stat

Beta member
HELP!! floppy format......GRRRRRR

I have a floppy disk thats full of information I really would hate to lose....Memorex...IBM formatted disk....it's full...now when i try to open it ....I get the lil'pop up that says the disk has not been formatted and would i like to do at this time? i say NO and it closes...if I say YES I'm sure it will erase all the info on the disk.....it was working yesterday....and now today it won't open...
I've made sure other disks work in the drive so I know it's not that....I've tried this disk in another pc.....won't open...fails...something to do with inaccessible on that pc...

ANY IDEAS????

Have you run a virus program on the disk to check for
a virus?

Have you scanned the disk to check for errors-bad sectors?

Can you "COPY" the contents from A:\ to some folder
on another drive-dont try to view the contents just copy?

Have you tried to make an IMAGE of the disk and view the
contents with Winrar etc.

Have you "OPENED" the little window on the disk so you
CANNOT erase the contents and agree to format and see
if this will allow you to read the disk and move beyond the
error message?

Shawn's right, data recovery is probably your only hope cos it sounds like the floppy's gone bad. To be honest, you should never ever rely on floppies for anything important & if you do, make several back up copies.
Try this web site for recovery utils :
http://www.majorgeeks.com

Samm said:
Shawn's right, data recovery is probably your only hope cos it sounds like the floppy's gone bad. To be honest, you should never ever rely on floppies for anything important & if you do, make several back up copies.
Try this web site for recovery utils :
http://www.majorgeeks.com

this one is 10 bux cheaper than the other one i found.....PLUS it allows me to remove one file a day from the corrupted disk, the other would only let me view them unless i paid for the program....so tyvvm guys....i can't see all the files on the disk but i can see some.....and i'll just have to go for what i can get off of it ( a day at a time ;) ).........i really appreciate the help...and i see by the volume of each section you have ample members....but I'm telling all my friends it was you who helped me when i needed it......

Thanks for being here :cool:

Ive always had problems with floppies but sometimes its the only option for using on a old system (without USB)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom