i OC to far....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark_Sniper*

Fully Optimized
i OC to far and know my computer is on but the monitr is black nothing on and my keyboard and stuff dont work it locked i guess can someone plzz help me i need to fix this crap tonight plz someone tell me whjat to do plz

First, you need to settle down.

Second, you need to send a little bit of fear through your system, but only enough that you will work diligently. Now, you need to remember back to if you chose an option that LOCKES THE AGP/PCI BUS SPEEDS.

From the sounds of it, if you did not, you probably screwed you AGP port or card.

Now, to go back to the default settings of your computer, find the jumper on your motherboard to clear the cmos. It should be near the chip and the battery on your MB. Switch it so it connects the pin that is idle, and the middle pin. Run a couple of seconds of power thorugh your system. Switch it back and reboot.

Good luck.

The above is correct.

However, please dont doubble post, and dont ask how to give other people virus's.

ok let me see if im getting this start ok your telling me to swicth the jumper on the ide hard and cd rom hing and then turn on the computer for a few seconds and then turn off and switch them back then my computer should boot up and turn on like normal.

Same thing happened to me and I thought I fried my cpu or mobo. I overclocked max at 25 percent which was about 400 mhz, when I did 30 percent all of a sudden my monitor went black and my keyboard wouldn't work. I turned off my computer then turned it on, same thing. I was quite panicky but then I just turned it off, tried 20 minutes later and my Overclock settings were reset and my computer worked. Must be an asus thing. Just try to reset your BIOS and it should be good.

1. Like bigtime said...dont OC if you dont 100% know what you're doing.

2. Resetting the CMOS should be common knowledge during OC'ing and since it didn't occur to you to do that, that says you really need to read up on how to safely and correctly OC.

It's not a get in there and try things out kind of science...it requires lots of time, know how and patience.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom