case

Status
Not open for further replies.
My case has 4 fans in front, one side fan, 3 fans in the back including the PSU fan, and 2 fans on top... keeps my cpu which is OCed from the 2800+ to a 3200+ at 89F idle and 99F under a very heavy load.

I was thinking of doing something like this a while ago, but I never got around to it.

First thing you should probably do is buy a cheap case, and use its parts for a template. You'll have to drill out a few rivets, but thats not a big problem. Next thing is to research what you want this case to be able to do, like a window, fan locations, drive posistion/locations, PSU location, fan/temp controller, sliding/pivoting mb, and also front face cover, since you obviously don't want some beige plastic cd drive showing.

Then ya got to design the supporting stucture to fit the features you want. Then build it(easier said then done).

I saw a mb tray that pivoted back and out, looked really cool. Also saw a lian li case that had the power supply on the bottem, and motherboard on top, very interesting, but I had doubts about its cooling.

Good thing is that your not limiting to any conventional design, bad thing is its gonna take awhile if you want it you look good. BTW take lots of pictures when you'r building because we all want to see! Good luck

Yeah its very possible, but you have to REALLY take your time. Thats pure MOD. I suggest getting a very thin peice of metal, for your mobo. Something that you can take out, put your mobo in. Then attach it inside your case. Also known as a removable mobo tray. Make sure you have around 3-4 slots for 120mm fans. So you can OC your system with very little trouble. Just make sure you do everything you need, before your system is already installed.

yea i was thinking about having a front plate but i kinda like the look of diamond plate?any suggestions I'm first of all gonna draw a blue print of what i want or have a very thin piece of metal to where all of the driveswould go and then another piece of small diamond plate to cover it. you know then have it held on with magnets. but, would I have to polish it (lol).then on one of the sides i would like a window in shape of something to give that modded look with fan vents on the other side pointing down so it's just a good circulation of air and have about 4 or so 120 fans but i would have to do something about the noise. like maybe make a bos or something for them then it'll lower the sound a bit and does the noise reducers for fans really work and how much are they and how many dbs do they happen to lower? or maybe have a mobo that slides out but is still "attached" so a sliding tray and then pivots with a certain lock that will keep it from moving when it's in the case and have a board of fan's on the mobo next to it. also it'll be hard but i'll make plans on it and see if you guys can come up of ways to have the mobo slide out and pivot fairly easy. and for away to make the harddrive latch open and close (if you understand me) and and a easy side open from the one opposite of the window. I would love to have a window on that so i can make small neon sign that says the monster or something fairly small. but how would i do the window like is there a kit that you can cut some and then just have it installed a with like an epoxky or if there is even a solid square that would be cool and just overlap it with the square mirror(just a waste of plastic sh!t) but i think i might be able to do it just a little bit of research and some money. Just gotta save.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom