Server 2003 more secure than Unix Server....

Status
Not open for further replies.

CntdwnToExtn

Fully Optimized
i dunno if this has been talked about on here yet, but my window's teacher just read us a short article today that server 2003 ended up beating the unix equivelant in a recent security test.
an official statement hasn't been released yet though....dunno why..probably finalizin' and stuff lke that.
i havn't found a link..and forgot to ask where he got the info from...but i guess it's a annual test or something.

Well i think it is hogwash, i work with both unix and windows and i know unix is far superior.

gab00n said:
i work with both unix and windows and i know unix is far superior.

Same here. And now, for a little anecdote about 2003.

My dad is a computer information sciences teacher. For a while, he had a server in his office. Once, I went to the office with him, and he was installing Windows 2003. Then he installed Norton, and some firewall. He was setting it up for file transfers when we got the infamous "Your computer will shutdown in 30 seconds. This has been ordered by NTAUTHORITY." We'd been using it ten minutes, and the friggin' thing had a virus (Sasser Worm, I think, but I honestly don't remember.)

Have you ever seen this happen to a Unix-based OS?? Didn't think so...

i never said anything about performace...i said security wise, 2003 server was better this time around.

and i have never gotten norton and another firewall to co-operate..tha's xp home, xp professional and 2k pro..norton hates all other apps because the firewall get's access, norton thinks it's a bad thing.
norton deleted my ol' man's remote access program because it had "hacker like" attributes...so norton's also to blam for that little spell you had with server 2003.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom