2 of my HD died help so it wont happen agian.

Status
Not open for further replies.

efd753

In Runtime
k my setup was like this.
HP computer i bought it in 2001

SIS 650
P4 16.ghz
768 ddr 2100 ram
wd 30 gb
wd 80 gb

i put the HD that came with the pc in oen the cd bay is a segate 40 gb.

dynex dvd +-r\ rw

The problem.

at 1st everythign worked right and my dvds were burning in 10mins. then soemthign weird happened. while burning with nero 6 the buffer keep resetign it self. it woudl go to 10% then reset to 0 and start. it woudl reapet this through out the whole burning. it took 30 min to finish . I didnt think anythign of it so i kept burnign dvds even though it took 30 mins. after a week or two my Pc didnt want to boot. it would stay int he black screen saying disk boot error. i turn off and on a couple of time and then it booted . i had to do this every time i wanted to boot. i went in to the bios and somethign weird happen the segate HD( that one that was in the cd-rom bay) had all sorts of wierd charaters and its name. i got out of the bios entered again and it was fine. A week after turnign on and off to boot the pc, the pc wouldnt boot no matter how many time i try. I check my bois and my two WD HDs dispeared. I tested the drive at a freind pc and there were dead.

My questiong is is there soemthign we my pc that i can fix? plz help. I think is got somethign to do with the dynex dvd burner. Hlep me narrow it down so it dotn happen a new pc im buying.

sorry for the long post but i thoguht explaining everythign would help out. thx for the help

Power supply could be frying stuff i think because the HD's and DVD rely heavily on the PSU and dont usually have alot of protection against over voltage

thxs for the reply so you dont think it has anythign to do wih the dvd burner or soemthign esle.

cuase right now im running the same pc.

I bought and extra HD a segate this tiem such in case it was the WD the cuase the problem. I install the ols segate with the new segate and the same problem is occurign so i quicly removed the new segate so i wont loose it.

thx for the help
i guess i'll check out what power suply i buy with the new CPU.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom