Check it out: free trial of Windows XP Pro x64

Status
Not open for further replies.
gaara said:
Dual boot is basically running two or more operating systems on a single machine. During bootup, you are prompted to select which OS to boot from.

Pretty much ideal for people who need both Windows and Linux for different things, but it can work with any OS pretty much.

Anyways, I'm downloading it right now, I'll have my hardware possibly in a week so I'll try it out then.

i just made a new partition..about 10 gig for it..it runs fine....

i can't get zone alarm to run though... it has the big ol' X where it should have the data bars.

havn't really played around with it yet....

anyone know of free 64 bit programs you can download so i can see it runnin'??

P.P. Mguire said:
do they even make 64bit programs yet?

they've made them for a long while now i believe. just they aren't practical for like 99% of people...my friend Praetor from another forum uses like 2 for work, he says he's been using them forever. if i can find out the names i'll see if i can get more info on them.

Okay, here is the web site listing all the known PAID apps: AMD64
Also, Avast runs fine on it but I'm having to use the Windows Firewall ONLY which scares the bejebbers out of me cause I don't own McAfee and don't want to buy it. However, I am installing all my other security apps and they are running fine.

Firefox runs very well. So do all my chat programs, :)

For those who have it downloaded, there is a newsgroup. and for those who have issues with the key, it was suggested, go sign up again and get another key.

They explain the dual boot in the newsgroups. Liz

This is what is posted in the newsgroup in response to an email question on the exact same senario:

What OS did you download. Was it XP 64bit or Server 2003 64bit. If you downloaded Server 2003 check your CD and you will find it does not have a AMD64 folder on the route. That means its 32bit, so your key will not work.

See my post below yours (Download for Server 2003 64bit is 32bit not 64bit. This was first reported on Saturday 19th Feb.

So check and make sure you downloaded the right copy, ok? Liz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom