my monitor is a hippie

Status
Not open for further replies.

scotchtapeboy

Beta member
My monitor is a hippie. It has a purple "filter", for lack of better words on it. The pictures and words are clear but it is purpleish. It all started one day when my computer wasn't working right and I banged my hand against the table and it went hippie. I tried working with the monitor settings and it don't do nothing. :(
But every few weeks it will flicker and go to noraml colors for like 5 min. but then it goes hippie again. HELP

hmmm, I really like your analogy of it... try changing the color settings in the monitor bios. Sounds like you have too much blue. Also, try using degauss, it could be (maybe) a magnetic fault. If all else fails, use the redneck technique :) hit it!

I actually posted someting like this a long time ago, thread title was like, "darn you hippies!". I went through crazy steps. Taking in and our the 3d card and etc. All I really needed to do was turn off my monitor for a few seconds, then turn it back on, it flickered for a few moments then was perfect and works perfect. I hope ithat helps

put a big ol' magnet up to it.....my tv had a green patch in the corner..pretty big...pretty annoying too...took a 8 inch sub held it up to it, moved it around....it went away....

but ya...use the other suggestions above this post first.

lol i had same problem all these wierd colors wud come up and i wud have 2 turn off the moniter then it wud be normal it needss 2 be repaird take it 2 a local computer shop near u thats wut i did and they fixed it somehting is wrong in th inside

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom