Hardware Firewall

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chankama

Fully Optimized
"Hardware" - so right forum :p..

Can any of you guys make any recommendations about firewalls? I just bought a DI 604. But planning on returning it.

I need something that can provide application level security (i.e. outbound traffic). Inbound traffic/external attacks is not sufficient. Essentially, a good h/w firewall that can also deal with trojans. Logging every packet is also useful.

And of course, cheaper the better - with these capabilities..

I already have s/w firewalls. But, not the same as having a good h/w firewall. The notion of having your "security" sitting on the same computer as you are trying to protect doesn't sit well with me :|..

Thx guys.

Just get a good broadband router, I suggest either a d-link, a linksys, or a belkin. These will act as wonderful hardware firewalls, along with a software firewall, you will be secure as you need to be. Remember though, some applications require you to add a virtual server, or a "gateway" on the router, to allow it to accept incoming connections and outgoing requests.

He wants a real firewall.

By software firewalls, you mean a PC with 2 NIC's acting as a firewall only?

This might not help for what you want to do, but the best firewall in existance is not connecting to the internet.

emeraldice said:
This might not help for what you want to do, but the best firewall in existance is not connecting to the internet.

LOL this is very sad, but very true...:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom