ATI or Nvidia gfx cards???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Syphanx

Daemon Poster
Hey guys,
Just wondering, I have an ATI Radeon 7000 and i was just wondering if i should get aw Nvidia Gforce4 mx 440, agp x8 128mb. Because ive heard that ATI make better cards for gaming and that's why they are more expensive.
Is this true???
So should i spend the $95 or so and get a mx 440 or just stay with my 7000???
The 7000's specs are:
AGP x4, 64mb

Hehe looks like somebody posted my link. *hands a cookie*

The thing's not done yet, just in case anyone's wondering.

Anyways, from your current Radeon 7000 card, it probably still isn't a wise idea to upgrade to an MX 440, for its outdated features, and $95 is a relatively high price for it.

You're probably better off paying the extra $20-30 for a GeForce4 Ti 4200-based card, or get a 64 MB Radeon 9100 for about the same price as the 128 MB MX440.

The extra memory on the GeForce4 MX card won't help it much against newer chips.

95 bucks for an MX 440? Go with Martin's Advice Dude, There's too many quality video cards out there for a hundred or so to be buying old crap.:eek:

Yeha ok that's nice guys but do you have any suggestions to any cheap gfx cards i should get???
I was thinking of getting a FX 5200 (for $130 AUD). Is that a good price and is that a good card??
Because my friend has just recently got one and his is pretty good.
Thanks,
Michael

i would go with a ati radeon card. i have a 9600 pro. theyre 200 bucks and are awesome. i can run ut2003 with everything all the way up just fine. and now they have the 9600 xt for 200 bucks which is better than the pro. i wouldnt suggest going with anything lower though, cause they arent (except for the gfx 5200) directx 9 compatible, and the 5200 is just too slow if you want to play dx9 games. get at least a 9600 regular. theyre usually $150 or 160 or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom