attaching a probe to athlon 64

Status
Not open for further replies.
yea true. i guess the only way to do it is pinch a probe between the hs and cpu, which would not be recommended lol. I guess my idea befor would be the only way to get a closer reading, by making a shim for the probe. i got the xp120, putting the probe on the heatsink between the heatpipes at the bottom, i dont think that would work very good either

I have an idea but it may be stupid, and hard to do. Try makeing a small hole in the heatsink it self, and instert the probe there. just make the hole go in as far as you can trying to get it on the center of the heatsink....

thats not a bad idea. drill it in from the side. wish the probe had smaller wires though. lol my luck, i would do it and i would have the drill at an angle by accident. and i would get almost right above where the die would be, and the bit would bite through lol

Wouldnt have that proplem if you used a stock heatsink and fan like i am :p Theres no need for me to get anything any nicer since my system dun even get above 105F while the room is at 90F

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom