diplay problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

uggitt

Beta member
When booting up my pc sometimes will not turn the display on.

I have changed the memory for a different stick also changed the agp graphics card but no joy.

Sometimes it will boot up with no problems but most of the time it will not show any display at all, no boot up info etc. The monitor light stays on standby. If you turn the pc off by the switch on the power supply sometimes it will work but most of the time the same happens. I have also tried a different monitor as well.

Any suggestions would be most appreciated.

Motheboard is a Jetway 266B with the newest bios .

Mark...

Well, I have had this problem before, I tried buying a new graphics card, but the problem persisted, and turned into never booting up graphics. I figured out that it was a fried chipset. Kinda sucked, but I bought a new mb and processor, and rebuilt, this apparantly solved the prob. It might just be a prob in your bios though. Check it out next time you get a successful graphics boot. Hope I kinda helped....

Intermittent problems are a $#*! to solve. You've taken the obvious steps. The next thing I'd try is unplug everything but the floppy, memory, cpu, and graphics. Also, this won't seem related but how consistent is your power supply? IF I couldn't get it to stabilize with the minimal configuration, I'd try a different PS.

Is there a beep when you boot your computer? I've had a similar problem but I had a beep from my mobo. It took me quite a while to fix but in the end, it was a dead Ram stick.

Maybe try plugging in another Ram to see if it works... :)

hey if the beeps are like this then follow................>> beeep bebebeep it means ur graphic card and if its beeeep beeeep beeeep beeeep and so on it means there is a problem with the ram stick and if it is not ne of em then check your monitor cable ... or try another monitor first...

What settings in the bios would you look at?

I'll try another power supply and try unplugging everything that is not needed as gsbtech says.

Thanks for the help...

Mark.........

look for the graphics device properties in bios. There should be a section that allows you to change where the video bios is booted from. Example - boot from either agp, pci, etc.. and other video settings. Set these to where you need them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom