Techist - Tech Forum - View Single Post - Cost-Benefit Analysis: Internet Access Management

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 02-23-2005, 10:48 AM   #10 (permalink)
star_topology
True Techie

Inaris
"GP will work for settinig up the proxy, blocking access to the proxy area, shutting down registry access and things of the like, but for actually controlling webpage access, that won't work...
if you want help with idea, feel free to ask. I'm in the process of building up my GPO's for 2500 users right now, so I'm fresh on the details of a whole bunch of them..."

I'd appreciate any brief primers on running basic scripts. Like I posted earlier, I'm gonna be looking into a Windows XP Bible that will have some information that I'm looking for, because I basically know nothing other than Active Directory and Group Policy is what I need! lol
We aren't looking to deny internet access (the district's web filter does a decent job) but one specific thing we want to prevent is the user changing of the wallpaper/screensaver/mouse cursor and other such settings.

My college sets it up to where all the admin-set default settings are reset upon log off, which would be a nice thing to learn how to do.

Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.