ATI or GeForce?

Status
Not open for further replies.
i got my x800, and if i even try to turn the graphics up real high in everquest 2, i go down to like 5 fps, but, it is a very graphics intense game. Im considering upgrading, but i figure i might as well wait a bit. upgrading right now would be a waste of money

ShoobieRat said:
Oh bloody hell. Not another freaking ATI-vs-NVIDIA thread.

These are starting to get to be as bad as the free-iPod threads as far as annoyance is concerned.

Do a search, pal...search!

...I've said it time and time before, admin should put up a sticky on "ATI vs nVidia". That'll eliminate these annoying threads.

EDIT: No-one's learning anything new here by reading the same arguement every day; if you're really not sure about whether to go nVidia or ATI, then as Shoobie adequately put, do a search before you post...

jseber1982 said:
i got my x800, and if i even try to turn the graphics up real high in everquest 2, i go down to like 5 fps, but, it is a very graphics intense game.

omg! i can't believe w/ yer setup that it runs that..er..bad.

5 fps!? really? how can that be?

what do you think is wrong?

do you experience that kind of performance w/ any other games, or just EQ2?

that's pretty much...un-playable..is it a faulty card or something?

yer whole setup is very good...though. :confused:

too many threads... really annoying

anyways, i prefer nvidia because it has better drivers than ati for linux and because in the price range i was looking at (~200) nvidia beat ati.

jseber1982 said:
i got my x800, and if i even try to turn the graphics up real high in everquest 2, i go down to like 5 fps, but, it is a very graphics intense game. Im considering upgrading, but i figure i might as well wait a bit. upgrading right now would be a waste of money

I have the same problem in Doom 3 on my X800 Pro. Never tried EQ2. But I do know that the X800 sucks balls, especially in OpenGL. I would upgrade to the 6800GT in a heartbeat if I had the money.

jseber, what version of the X800 do you have? Pro, XT, or just plain X800 regular?

Regulus said:
Then what do you suggest?:confused:
ATI killed GeForce in the days before the 6000s. Now with the 6600 and the 6800, ATIs X800 doesn't seem to be as good.

Use your imagnation as a gfx card :p

But, what I really suggest is getting one of their cards that's over a month old and not known as being buggy

ati radeon the 256mb older model is what I am using for world of warcraft because my friend had a geforce and said he couldnt play world of warcraft on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom