heat problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

syamir

Solid State Member
ok i have a acer comp. my comp heat keep rising when ever i play game. and when it reach certain limit, it off by its self. can someone help me?

How old is it ? What are your system specs ? What Operating System are you running?

pentium4 win xp 1.6GHz 256mb. not sure how old. how to check comp temperature?

of course the best option would be to get Water cooling, but that isnt practical for most of us, Either try sticking another fan in there or if you want to try, have a think about the airflow. Certain computers have poor airflow where the hot air stays inside the computer and just heats it up more instead of being blown out of the case by the fans.
And how hot is it getting?

If the computer is seevral years old, maybe too much dust has built up on the heatsink and it's not doing it's job properly. Your could try simply cleaning your computer. Also maybe your CPU heatsink fan has failed.

By the way how do you know the heat keeps rising during games without monitoring the temperature? Is the case heating up noticably?

all of these solutions are great, my input is:

get a thermometer for your cpu. their not that expensive, you can usually buy them off of modding sites.

An application would work just as well too. After you've done this, look up the temperature thresholds for your processor. Once you have researched the limits, enter your bios, and re-enter the threshold info in the correct spots. hope this helps!!

Good luck!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom