Future processors

Status
Not open for further replies.

PoisonPorkchop

Daemon Poster
i heard theres a 64 bit intel with 8mb of l3 cache coming out. is this true and if it is how much do you think it will cost. also, are there any other processors worth waiting for?

I was also wondering this actually...I've heard that there are some things scheduled to come out in the summer of 2005 but can anyone confirm this?

That sounds like a Xeon, their will be no such processor with 8mb L3 cache thats affordable. That can also be a Intel M, but those processor are damn expensve. Anything with 8mb cache will be extremely expensive.

Trotter, what do you mean by that? If its towards me being a little flagrant. Then i seemed a little aggressive. But i want people to understand that anything with 8mb cache from Intel is not going to be a normal desktop computer, witch would be affordable at that matter.

I know the Pentium M's have high cache sizes, and they are really damn expensive. But just because something has alot of cache dont really mean they are fast.

just like the fx-55 is =/ all top end chips are gona cost you, and seeing as intel only just released a 2mb cache, i dont think 8mb is gona be around just yet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom