Learn a little - Help a little

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyber_surfer

Baseband Member
Retired programmer and computer room (various jobs)

Gave up woodworking in 2001 and needed a new hobby and computers was it.

Currently have:

Mine: Dell 8200 1.8MHz, 1GB ram, 80GB HD
IBM 2276 800 MHz, 512 MB ram , 30GB HD
Toshiba Portable 1.5GHz, 512MB ram, 30 GB HD
Home Build 2.8MHz, 1 GB ram, 120 GB HD (2 wks old)

Rose: Dell 8200 1.8 GHz, 512MB ram, 40 GB HD
(wife)

Eric: Dell 4550 2.4 GHz, 512MB ram, 80 GB HD
(Son) Gamer

Digital Photography, music, surfing, Helping friends and relatives with computer problems and Upgrades takes most of my time.

Currently building a Gaming machine for brother- in-laws family.
Antec 1080AMD, Asus P4P800 Deluxe, P4 2.8GHz, 1 GB ram, ATI Radeon 9800 pro, Audigy 2, DVD +/- RW.

Enjoy reading Forums to be ready for future problems. Yours looks well done and helpful.

Iron_cross

Basic at home writing applications for a pre windows OS on a 48K ram machine. Some C at work. Mostly used a database package to develop entry forms for making changes to telephone central offices. Most of time spent in computer operations and supporting procurement, installation and trouble shooting of terminals for 2500 person installation.

To get ahead in programming I think you have to really enjoy it. Those that just did it just as a job didn't seem to progress as fast. If you are very good at programing and relate well to people (not all geek) you have a better shot at controlling projects and getting into management.
Good luck

Placebo

Thanks for the welcome

Plan to be a regular, if I can contribute

I've been fortunate with my first home build (no problems). It can't keep up forever. I'm sure I'll need some help when they start coming and are beyond me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom