considering a upgrade but I don't know yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
dont let people tell u about ur system... if i had that system i would not be complaining at all.. You know what u can afford, and what will satisfy u, just because some rich brat tells different doesnt mean u have to listen to them.
i just built a new comp and its only midrange and if ne1 was to tell me that it sucked i would shoot them coz it does evrything i want right now.. and as for that computer boredom disease, i hear exactly waht ur saying.. first it started with my GPU(6600gt) i wanted to upgrade it, then my cpu, and i add like a fan a week, i have 10 already =/

My system is pretty similar to yours and I run Need For Speed Underground 2 with no problem on highest graphics settings... (well... maybe a little lag when there's a lot of smoke in the screen).

I would certainly recommend that you DON'T upgrade your system unless you really need another hd....

I'd recommend that you upgrade your computer in another year or so when the your CPU is really too slow...

Your ram is all good, 1GB is enough to handle any gaming right now... even if you add another GB in, it won't affect it too much.

So wait out... and your patience will save a few bucks :)

Wait / save and build a new system . You have an excellant backup rig that alot of people would love to have :)

ImUseless said:
Hey Pilman, I think I know what your suffering from,
computer boredom.

Im not sure what you USE your system for but I would
say it is fine for most anything except the latest in gaming
but even then you can run most games just fine.

As to your REAL problem-you are suffering from "computer
boredom" and the only known cure is to go out and spend
more money on new system parts. Im sure the industry
loves people like you.

Here's what Im saying, you are bored with simply using
your computer and I would suggest you have more fun
tearing into the system, handling the parts, unplugging
and plugging in cables, Running benchmark tools, watching
the bar graphs go from left to right or up or down.

Please understand, Im not at all criticizing you because I am
the same way. I have more fun noodleing around inside the
case, using FDisk or Partition Magic, than ACTUALLY using
the thing for some REAL purpose. You might have more of a
"Builder Menatality" that requires you to always be fiddling
inside the case.

Your system seems fine for most any purpose and should
be fine for some time unless having the latest or cutting
edge pieces is a must and then, well, you will continue to
spend money on parts that in most cases only offer moderate
increases in overall system performance.

The cure: Start building or repairing friends and family members computers and this should satisfy the need. On the other hand,
if you have the money by all means purchase what ever you
want and donate your old stuff to kids or families who dont
own, or have a really outdated system.

Again, this ISNT a criticism but an observation of what I read
on many forums so dont take it wrong.

I am soo using this for my resume. I just built a new computer 2 months ago and want to build a second, and third (one would be a home server though)

I am also putting that i suffer from computer boredom on my resume :p

My system isn't much better. Do what ImUseless said and go around fixing comps. I have started to build comps for some of my friends.

I guess the new technology coming out right now is really getting to me. I've been fixing a lot of peoples computers here for money that have spyware issues because everyone gets so frustrated, they complain that their system is running really slow and I take a look at these system, they run sooo slow, theres popups galore, infected main files and it's pretty easy to fix just very time consuming. My dad was heavy into computers and knew a ton about them but at the time he was alive we had little money and couldn't upgrade our systems, I remember when my dad ordered us 1.7 ghz cpu's for our gigabyte boards and the company he ordered from (jcshopper) said they were out of stock of the old chips and sent us new chips that wouldn't fit the board this was back in 2001 I believe. He always had our systems running perfect at the time though with little money to spend. I just feel stupid as hell and feel like a slug with the same setup thinking I'm doing something wrong. I'm 19 years old and have used computers for 15 years, seems like someone with 2 years experience knows what to pick and has more knowledge than me these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom