annoyed with xp install

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheRecluse

In Runtime
i went to install XP from my gateway XP install disc on my old computer (which i've done before, so i know it works)... when it boots up i hit enter to boot from the cd like it tells me to but then it just enters a blank screen and nothing happens.

any ideas?

If you have a recovery disk, try to aqquire a full version of XP. You can use your CD key from the gateway too.

i went to install XP from my gateway XP install disc on my old computer (which i've done before, so i know it works)... when it boots up i hit enter to boot from the cd like it tells me to but then it just enters a blank screen and nothing happens.

I believe you are allowed only ONE recovery! If you have used it before you are SOL. So you need to get a full copy and use your key. Liz

it's a recovery cd...

i've used it way more than one time, plus the cd boots up in my other computer.

it's weird, i put my old hdd in the new computer and it works, so i don't think it's the hdd. then i put my FC3 install disc in the old cdrom and that booted just fine, so i don't think it's the cdrom or anything else

Okay, here's what you do:

1. Take a shovel out to the backyard and dig a 2-foot wide hole 7 feet deep.
2. Jump in the hole.
3. Fill in with dirt.

At this point, what do you want us to tell you? If it doesn't work on that machine, it's either detecting that it's maxed out on recoveries on that box, or you've got some really wacked out hardware/driver issue going on. Fill the box with ammonia and bleach, shake, then stare into the back vents and tell us what colors you see.

Or call Gateway.

The results are kinda the same.

there's no reason to be an ass about it. if you didn't have anything to say about it, you could have just ignored it

Have you used a boot disk yet? If not, go to www.bootdisk.com and download windows 98 bootdisk, fdisk and format your system using the bootdisks drivers for the cd drive. See if that works...

this happened to me with a machine i recently built and i ended up having to load all 6 boot disks (floppies) like 3 times, then the xp cd gave me "missing suchnsuch file.dll" like 30 or 40 errors, so i let the install continue with out them and thought the thing would never run with so many missing files and its funny, it runs as stable as is spoed to be

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom