cd drive has problems reading

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chrono

In Runtime
hi

my cd drive, is an ATAPI cd burner.

When i insert a cd, most time it will not register that i have put it in, and it still thinks that it has the old cd in it.
i cant find anything relating to a driver either

any thoughts on thsi would help

thx

Was it working fine before?
Have you added or changed anything in your computer just before it quit working?

That being asked, consider buying a new Cd-burner. You can get a nice Sony for $25 on Newegg.com which is a steal!!!

thx for the repy

um... im sure it worked b4, but since ive had it it didnt (got it 2nd hand)

i think its time i upgrade to a dvd combo anywayz

thx

Chrono

well if you are using windows xp and it is a cd burner it will open the cd drive weather there is a cd in there or not... and it looks like that there is an old cd in there but there isnt... well clearly your rom isnot reading or the accelerator setting mayb out but i say get a new one really...

When you say "it thinks it has the old CD" does that just mean the icon on "my computer" shows the wrong picture? What happens if you explore the CD (right click, select explore)? If it is just taking longer for your OS to recognize the CD, it could be busy doing something else like running a nasty new piece of spyware snooping your keystrokes.

for example,
i put in Frozen Throne CD, play that for a while, then take it out and put in C&C Generals, it still thinks that Frozen throne is in the drive

and when you go explore, it still goes into Frozen throne, but it wont run anything in the CD (becasue the cd isnt in there anymore)

This happens with pretty much any cds, not just the mentioned ones.

thx

Chrono

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom