Check it out: free trial of Windows XP Pro x64

Status
Not open for further replies.
There supposed to be sending me the CD with the CD-Key because i cant download it on a 32k connection... Can't wait to try it out. ^_^

I will consider that when I purchase my 64 bit processor, but I have read that the x64 OS actually slows down many applications.

I'm really just looking forward to 64 bit gaming, which I assume next generation games such as Half Life 3 etc. will run on, or I at least hope so. Apparently, 64 bit computing will not so much increase overall speed, but other things such as graphics peformance, something which I am excited about.

I think I may order a CD tonight though.

will all apps (like office, photoshop, etc) still be able to run on xp64? or will each company have to make another version to run on a 64bit os?

be careful with this beta... it has a some programs it is not compatiable with... after all it is a beta.. just wait for the real deal Win XP 64 to come out :) gonna rock!

I'm sure they will make it baskwards compatable with 32-bit applications. They did the same when they switched from 16-bit to 32-bit, in the 9x series yes? It can run BOTH 16 and 32. So Longhorn will more than likely do the same.

I downloaded it this morning and will be installing it this afternoon. Will let you know how it works out. Liz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom