compatible???

Status
Not open for further replies.

concept

Solid State Member
hey all,

i just bought a new msi motherboard, a K7N2 Delta Series. i hooked up all my stuff, athalon xp 2600+, geforce4 ti4600 [nvidia-asylum] and my western digital 60 gig, and a generic 512mb ram. everything worked nice, i formatted and installed win2k. when i install my geforce drivers, it goes to reboot and after loading at the win2k screen it flashes a blue screen and then reboots. i go to the advanced startup options, and go with the vga mode and it boots up fine, i know because of this that it is my video card drivers, but what is the problem with that. are they outdated, not compatible with a mobo with an nvidia chipset? please answer i have gone without my computer for way too long and need it for school.

thanks so much

Are there any error messages during the blue screen?
The most common blue screen in Win 2K/XP I've seen is when it does a memory dump, but when this happens there is usually an error message given.

yes there is a blue screen error message, but it flashes too quickly to read. i saw something about physical memory and then it reboots. i have watched this a million times trying to read what it says but i cant.

thanks for your reply

hey guys,
thanks but i already fixed the problem.
it seemed like the drivers so i went into vga mode and unistalled them and loaded a newer set.

thanks anyways guys

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom