Dual core AMD's due in 2005

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whoops! That's a mistake on my part, I just skimmed this thread, noticed the mention of Opterons, and assumed we were talking about dual processors, since I have heard different termology passed around.

Thanks for the clarification mates, hopefully I haven't mislead anyone.

Ok, i dident read everyones post, so maybe this was answered. But i honestly dont think they are going to be socket 939's. Those duals are going to be alot defferent, but besides that. I think they are going to make a different socet for that reason, but most of all, they probably would develope a better socket just for duals. Like a ideal socket for them. I hope i explaned it well, since im a little messed up sorry.

According to the article, the 64s were designed to be dual-core from the get-go. It goes on to state the a BIOS update was all they used to get the demo to work in a current mobo.

I see the line of logic the Nubius is following, and I really hope that is where it leads. it would make more sense for AMD to follow along these lines in order to facilitate the market for the dual cores. If everyone had to buy a new mobo and memory to get one, it would slow the buying of them (except for early adopters who just HAVE to have it). I just wonder if a BIOS update would work for most mobos...sorta doubt it, though, as the throughput would be way more than most are designed for. Nice pipe dream, though.

I guess we all just gotta sit back and wait. Hmmm...just like with Microsloth...

I could hardly afford my new system with the socket 754, and a cheap 2800+... I don't think that ill ever be able to afford that kind of crap... I'm only 16 :(

Kind of hard when you have a girl over ya all day, and when your computers HDD keeps screwing up...

But on a side note, if it comes close to $500 and i have a job i MIGHT buy the chip and a Motherboard that supports it.

Hey buddy im here w/ you but ive got this baby and i have a girlfriend to and im only 16. I just have a job, they are everywhere you just gotta let the girl go and rampage and ignore here to get a job. Dont be stupid like me and get pussy whiped but now i dont have a girlfriend for the time being so its off to frys for me!!! But yea man get a job and ignore her for a bit cause she will get over it and yes the prices will go down.

I can't realy ignore her... she is with me all the time, weve been together since i was 13..... and we both slept together at a very young age, considering she is 3 years younger than me...... but im not going to tell the whole story, but i can't get a job here because most of ours have been shipped to mexico or japan....

ah well that sux. Ive only been w/ mone for 5 months and she is just now figuring out that she dosent have me wrapped around her little finger and im not a weekend boytoy. We just broke up tonight cause of this and she said she didnt want to be serious but i do and shes afraid of being committed and all this crap. Look no matter how long you been together theres always someone around the corner. But this isnt the thread for this and sorry ive jacked it lol. Back on to the topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom