Is this Solid RAM for the price?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
actually.. i might be able to notice a difference, specially in the OCing.. cuz maybe those wont be able to stand that much OCing, then i would just blow my money... hmm :)

SHAWN said:
Maybe so, but you wont notice a difference. I would rather save the $70 but to each his own

I think those Patriots might overclock jsut as well/better than the OCZ's, but the Kingston and Geil you posted probably not. Overclocking is the only difference you will notice, stock they should all do ~ the same.

well see.. thats what im mainly sayin, cuz im gonna OC the RAM im gettin.. so thats the thing im gonna need to rely on.. i cant get RAM that isnt gonna be able to stand the OCing, ya know..

I don't see the point of spending so much on ram... if you have enough of it [1GB]... you really don't need to oc it... and even if you do oc it... you don't see a significant amount of gain anyways. Or am I wrong on this?

wongb18c said:
I don't see the point of spending so much on ram... if you have enough of it [1GB]... you really don't need to oc it... and even if you do oc it... you don't see a significant amount of gain anyways. Or am I wrong on this?

well thats like saying since you have a HUGE Hummer, it will be better and faster than a smaller Honda Miata or something.

You will see a HUGE gain in bandwidth if you get a decent overclock and tighten up your timings...having a fast 512MB can be better than a stock 1GB-2GB when gaming or w/e.

You really only see advantages of having LOTS of RAM in high traffic environments like image editing or something that can benefit with more SPACE, and not necessarily speed.

wongb18c said:
I see thanks for the Honda analogy.... with that I'm 100% clear. Type R pOwer jO.

lol just something that came to mind. im not the best in analogies/comparisons...but if it makes sense then yay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom