About Centrino...

Status
Not open for further replies.

grego

In Runtime
So will the masses ever get it right? INTEL CENTRINO IS A TECHNOLOGY, NOT A PROCESSOR! The processor that is used in Centrino computers is the Pentium M or Celeron M!

Centrino has been out for a good while now, and people still don't know what it is. It's such a simple concept that it drives me crazy that I'm still seeing people mess it up. I'm sure it's in part due to Intel's advertisements, but still... do people that buy them actually even know what they are buying??

Do you think Intel will (even passively) help to set the record straight? I would think that to optomize sales you would (in this case) want the customer to know what it is that they are buying. I mean, Centrino isn't just a new processor (the Pentium or Celeron M), it's supposed to be a bit of a revolution for Intel's mobile division, yet people are just chalking it up to a spiffy new cpu :mad:.

Hahahaha Flex. Grego, half the time people dont understand what processor they are buying to begain with. All Dell really says is Pentium 4 with HT. Its not something that gets to me, like yourself. Its just like people saying AMD64 has 1600mhz FSB.

yea it bugs me to dude. You would think that after a while ppl would understand that its a technology and not a cpu but since intel advertises it as an intel centrino processor then ppl think its a new core! Kinda dumb but ppl (the dumb ones of today) still buy them and intel dosetn care cause its just more bucks in their pocket! At least AMD is out there for the consumer not for what can we make to put more cash in our pockets. Even though thast how it is but at least they take the time to explain whast what! AH good ol` AMD.:D

Yes! That gets so annoying! "So, what kind of cpu you got?" "Oh, I got me a Centrio". Aaarrrgggg!!!

and then you got the people who know nothing at all about pcs. bout 5 years ago i remember a guy asking me... what is better, a quantum or a pentium lol. first of all a quantum fireball is a hard drive and a pentium is a cpu. So i felt retarded because he asked me this, so i just played along and said that a pentium is better lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom