ATI Video Card

Status
Not open for further replies.
this is prob too good for your comp esp if u just want to watch tv
list your specs and whether or not u have an agp slot

I want it mostly for gaming, and it doesn't have to have TV. My computer has a pentium 4 2.53ghz, 256mb ram, but I'm getting more, and I can't find out whether or not I have an AGP slot. Any other specs you want?

You have an AGP slot 90% sure. You definatly don't have PCI-E, the question is if they dooped you with a PCI video card. Up that ram and you should be able to watch TV fine. My dads got an old ATI Rage 128 with a 1.8 intel and less than 512 budget ram. TV works great but not HD.

This card could be ok i guess. If you have an AGP slot.

Also ask yourself if you ever want to use a dual monitor configuration.
This board doesn't support dual monitors.

Well dual monitors are really out there. The 6600 GT is such a great low budget card. Make sure you get the eVGA 6600 GT. Now if you have a onboard video card, your going to run into some problems. Your not only going to have to take out the original video card. But disable it through your computer. Since it will only run the original, while the new would be installed. The eVGA 6600 GT will be around 205$, along with all the other 6600 GT.

dells are not that great stock... power supply might not handle an upgrade of videocards. Also some videocards require a certain amount of ram... 256 might not be enough. Plus make sure that the videocard is not PCI-E because many new people upgrading there computers like to buy PCI-E when they have a VGA slot.. which most computer 2004 and earlier have. Hope that helps! :):):)

What ravin said about the PSUs. My friend just found out that his PSU in his Dell was 200W. If that card isn't going to be used to watch TV much, if not, at all, then don't get an AIW. You'd be better off getting a 6600. Not too expensive and really good for gaming.

Thanks guys, that helped a lot. But what is this about taking out the original card and disabling it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom