HT Frequency

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wayniac

Daemon Poster
I want to overclock my pc from 200 on the FSB to 245 (which I know I can do because I've done it in the past). The problem is this. In order to do this, I have to turn down my max memclock to 166 and change the HT Frequency from 5x to 4x. However, every time I go to change my HT Frequency from 5x to 4x, the computer locks up. This happens right after I click to change HT Frequency. The new choices don't even display. A blank screen with HT Frequency comes up, then the computer locks up and I am forced to restart. Does anybody have any ideas at all as to what is causing this??? I have recently reset the bios by moving the jumper, but I did it properly and put the jumper back while the computer was still off. Then I reinstalled all of the drivers and updated the bios, and I am still having this problem. I would really appreciate it if somebody could help me with this problem!

You changing that frequency within windows or is it locking up in the BIOS when you do that?

Yeah I didn't think you could change it through windows, but was just making sure.

Hmm well that's weird that it'd lock up in the BIOS like that...generally it doesn't immediately set the new parameter until you've saved the setting and reset.

I don't know why it'd be doing that, but you need to put your computer specs in your sig or atleast inform people what you have so anyone with a similar board could better diagnose the problem.

Motherboard make and model and CPU info would help

This happened before, but it appeared that I fixed it by installing drivers or something. Maybe I did something that I didn't even know I did. Anyway, my motherboard is NVIDIA nForce3 K8N Neo2. The processor is an AMD Athlon 64 3000+ Socket 939.

Well damn, that's just freakin weird. I can't for the life of me think why turning the htt link speed down would cause a lock up =/

I don't even get to turn it down. As soon as I open the menu, it locks up. This may sound stupid...but can I turn it down without selecting it? (like maybe the + or - buttons?)

Okay, I tried this using + and - and it let me change it, but I had to hit it a few times. It wasn't till like the 3rd time I hit + that it actually changed. Then I went through the whole cycle once, and now it works....I still have no idea why it locked up before though...unsolved mystery maybe?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom