Still can't install XP, Part 2 (Revisited)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hours and hours and hours on the net, building computers, downloading all kinds of software, learning the software, forums, friends, etc. I attended college and have just an Associates degree in Network Managemet. I post what I know and what I know that has worked for me and what can and will work for other people. I like to help people, I even go as far as infecting myself with viruses and spyware just so I can learn how to get rid of it and post how I done it, even if something requires me to reformat my pc, Love to do it. I spend about 7 hours a day on here. My goal is here is to trt to get higher than the major. At 500 posts a month, I'll be at 5000 before I know it.

So lets give this a try then. Insert your floppy drive, then the boot disk, press enter for the first option, fdisk your drive, click yes for everything, reboot, leave disk in, enter for first option, format it, after you reboot, install your cd rom and see if it picks it up.

FDISK does not let me create a new partition, either primary or extended, and the only startable partition on DRIVE 1 is already active. I have been down this road before, and I don't think FDISK will work becuase the original partition was done with 3rd party software.
Any other suggestions? Looks like I'm barking up never ended tree.
thx

DOC

Well, your first fault was buying an internal floppy for your laptop. You should have got a USB (or if your laptop won't boot with USB, a COM floppy) then you could have both drives on at the same time.

Second, you said your CD-ROM was hotswap. So boot, and when it asks for the XP CD, pull the floppy out and slop the CD-ROM in.

BTW, have you tried just booting up to W2K, sticking in the XP CD, and running the installer? :D

ShoobieRat: repsonse to your answers.

1) The computer is not mine, and I am doing this for a bud of mine.

2) Please read the 1st post under this thread.

3) Please read the 4th post under this thread.

CUBE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom