System tray icons

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sublime1184

Beta member
Is there anyway I can prevent any system tray icon from being closed....I am trying to prevent SpyBot S&D Resident among other icons from being closed. Can anyone plz help? thanks in advance for any help.

Thanks for the tip, however still no luck. I've tried everything and nothing is working....i dont want to hide the icons, I want to add a password to close it or disable closing alltogether. like Sygate Personal Firewall Pro when you right click the sys tray icon and choose exit, you are prompted to enter the password. Even if you use task manager to close Sygate. Something of that nature.

I don't think there is a way unless there is some kind of software...Once they are in the startup, they will always startup when you reboot but they can also be exited. What other programs do you have that you dont want closed?

Well, SpyBot S&D Resident (TeaTimer) is the main one but also WinPopup LAN Messenger, RealVNC (I have greyed out the "Close VNC Server" right-click command, but it can still be closed with task manager ) and MemDefrag 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom