6** series, woohoo!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
there is a really cool article on tomshardware.com that has benches and everything. it seems like the AMD64 FX55 is still kind in games, but the intel 600 series beats AMD in pretty much everything else except MP3 encoding.

even though the new intels are 64bit, the arcitecture between intell and AMD still remains different, so AMD will probably still perform better gaming wise.

Wow, that's quite impressive, I was on newegg earlier today and noticed a bunch of 600 series Intel processors and was wondering where they hell they all came from.

AMD still has a few clear advantages over the Intel 64 bit processors, they still seem to be using the hot prescott cores so overclocking could be a problem, and AMD still has the socket 939 dual core futureproofing, whereas the Intel processors on Socket T do not.

The 2MB L2 cache looks quite appealing though, perhaps I will have to reconsider my next processor choice...

yeah but it still benefits, lol. but my friend is getting one and we will compare it to a 64 Athlon, yeah, lol

I thought it would be a lot more expensive than what the one linked was. I am and probley will be for a long time, a amd fan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom