Intel P4 64bit skt-775 chips on newegg!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I plan on getting the 3.6 when it goes down in price a bit.

Never had good luck with AMD, I said goodbye to them a while ago.

I think Intel is better for gaming, personally. I think it's better for everything.

I think Intel is better for gaming, personally. I think it's better for everything.
Uhh...

http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/cpu/display/pentium4-6xx_12.html

I didn't find anything in that link that stated that Intel 600's weren't true 64 bit processors, but even if they weren't, mimicing a technology is nothing new to Intel. Ever heard of hyperthreading? :p

I've also read and found that despite Intel's attempts to descrease temperatures of the Prescott core, the 600s aren't much better.

The 2MB cache seems to be the only selling point for these new processors, other than that, Intel is just releasing technology that AMD has already beaten them to.

All these CPUs are based on one and the same processor core aka Prescott 2M

The Prescott chip is the same as used in 5XX series, which is a 32-bit processor using the EM64T (emulated 64 bit technology) to pretend to be a 64-bit processor... Basically, just a bunch of extra instructions to mock 64-bit processing.

Either way, Intel's EM64T will never match TRUE 64-bit processing which AMD provides. Unless Intel releases a true 64-bit consumer-based processor some time soon, I see AMD gaining the market even after Intel has dominated it for the past 10 years.

I've had a Pentium since I got rid of my first 486SX/33 back in 1992, and I'm finally swayed into a different processor for obvious reasons.

Why buy Intel when AMD does everything and more, better, for less $$?

EDIT:

gaara said:
...even if they weren't, mimicing a technology is nothing new to Intel. Ever heard of hyperthreading? :p

Unfortunately, AMD copied Intel in that respect with their "Hyper Transport". However, either way you look at it, that idea was never original.

flexx said:
Uhh... I never said they weren't true 64 bit processors...????? [/B]

He was only saying "Uhh..." to your comment about Intel being better for games because NUMEROUS benchmarking tests show that AMD chips are better for gaming and Intel chips are better for number crunching and data compression.

I was the one saynig they weren't true 64-bit processors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom