MS Outlook

Status
Not open for further replies.

24giovanni

Banned
Hi,

I use MS outlook 2000 on a windows 98 SE machine. An issue I am having is I receive a mail notification in my system tray even though MS Outlook isn't open. I have the product set up to check for new mail every minute but I believe only occurs when it is open.

When I do open/start MS outlook and open up all new mail, the notification in the system tray remains there. Even when I close outlook it is still there. The only way to remove it is to reboot.

Can someone tell me why this is happening and what I need to do to prevent it from happening? Your help is appreciative

There is probably a program running that is checking your mail and notifiying you when you receive a new e-mail. Is MSN Messenger running? AIM running? Maybe Outlook just isn't closing itself when you close it.

Does it to do this when you first boot your computer? If so, an application is either doing it or you can try configuring your start up items.

Go to start->run->msconfig (i think itll work in 98 haven't used 98 in a long time).. and select "Startup" and if you see Outlook anywhere UNCHECK it.

Restart and send yourself an email.

Also, yes for 1 minute to check for new mail that is for WHEN the program is started :).

Good luck!

I'm still having the same problem. Does anyone know whats causing this and what to do to prevent it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom