confused

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikePB3

In Runtime
I want to hook my laptop to the internet so what I did was plug the cable I had from my highspeed modem into my laptop instead of mt desktop computer, I them hit internet explorer and it does not work. Anything I can do?
Thanks

if its an ethernet connection, try unplugging the modem, wait about 30 seconds and plug it back in. wait for it the modem lights to come on steady. that usually does the trick.
if it's a usb connection, then you need specific drivers.

is it cable or DSL? is there a router between the modem and the cable you are plugging in to?
if it's DSL and there is only the modem, you might need to install so software to talk to the DSL source. if it's cable, click on Start, then "Run" if you are using XP or 2000, type CMD and press return, when the black window opens, type "ipconfig /all" and post what it says on the here...

Inaris

are the ethernet drivers installed correctly? check those in the device manager. is there a firewall on that laptop? try disabling it if there is one. check your ip address as well, make sure its pulling a valid number, and not a 169.254.x.x address, which means no connectivity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom