Decent game comp?

Status
Not open for further replies.
With a slightly faster CPU and a non soundblaster soundcard, i would kill for that rig.

Yeah it's decent, but try some different memory, and read about the turtle beach sound cards their cheaper than soundblaster and better IMO. With that saved money, you could get a 3500 instead of a 3200.

Which would you choose? All 1GB(2x512MB) DDR PC-3200:

1) Corsair XMS Xtreme Memory Speed Series Xtra-Low Latency w/ Platinum Heat Spreader $243.27
2) Corsair XMS Extreme Memory Speed Series $220.75
3) PQI Turbo Series Dual Channel Platinum Kit $181.99
4) OCZ Enhanced Latency Series Platinum Edition $220.50
5) Patriot Dual Channel w/ XBL Technology $232.20

the PQI with 2-2-2-5 timings beat all other compeditors (G.Skillz wasn't included in the test) in a couple of reviews i have read and they reached some rediculas oc's

I have the corsair xms 512mbx2 ram with standard 2-2-2-5 T1 config and it freakin rocks.. i literally put it in today and threw away my crappy "value ram".. ahh upgrades are bliss.. With this new ram I can run higher graphics on Half-Life 2... :):):) Faster load times... :):):) and over-all better benchmarks on 3DMark... I was very impressed.. GO CORSAIR!!!!

You know, i think your imaganing things. Generic ram vs the most expensive ram assuming their being ran at the same speeds gets a 2% peformance difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom