Rate this

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skuzzle

In Runtime
http://www.novatech.co.uk/novatech/specpage.html?SAP-MB9100

good low price.. but need a quick decision.

Will not be running anything above 1024x768 but would like it to keep up with most new games to an ok degree.. doesnt need to be fantastic though.

Whats the onboard graphics like ??

dont need the onboard sound as running a terratec 7.1 space.

really dont need to do much asit'll spend most of its life playing mp3's in a car... dont ask... but at the shows i'd like to load up doom 3 or need 4 speed underground etc.

Whats the opinions.. or is there better available for the price.

The key phrase is "most" new games. It may struggle a bit with the Doom III but will handle today's games just fine. However, my view on building is to start with a good motherboard. The CPU is going to cost 4 times that of the MB so why not spend a little more to get a MB with the features that will give you more upgrade options. Look for something with built in SATA and avoid shared memory graphics - buy a board without graphics and add a card. If money is a factor now, buy a cheaper card and upgrade later. To keep the cost down, stick with AGPx8. While it's true PCI express is faster but AGP will be adequate in the forseable future and you'd spend twice as much on graphics with the new bus.

Also, the CPU will not be the bottleneck in game performance. If the graphics stretches your budget, buy a slower CPU.

Depending on the CPU it should be just under 30 frames per second at 800x600 medium. Not very good but not a slide show either.

i wouldnt recomend it, personally get a better motherboard with more features such as sata and raid, and get a standalone card. A good value card is the 9800 Pro.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom