MP3s lag on a 1.8G!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a Celeron and its fine, thats not whats lagging him. It very well could be the RAM, or maybe even just the file. Does the song "skip and lag" on every mp3 file ? or just certain ones ? because if it is just certain ones then you very well could be downloading corrupted files.

Yes I agree the speed or Ram is not a factor. I play MP3z fine on my old laptop that is 400MHZ PII w/96MB RAM.. It is most likely the MP3z themselves. If they are "downloaded" there has been a lot of crap put out there, and when one person downloads crap and shares it then the crap just floats around in a large circle of crap.

Narrow this factor down by ripping a cd you own into MP3z if they play fine then you can determine that your problem is with the files you are getting.

are you talking about playing the same mp3 you are downloading?
i think he's talking about downloading the mp3 at the same time your trying to play it. cause that would be a prob if thats what your talking about. you need to wait for it to finish DLing b4 u play it.

if thats not what your talking about, tell us what happens when u play it in Winamp or Foobar, as stated earlyer.

i dont rekon its the computer either coz im playing mp3's 90% of the time im on my comp and they dont lag at all

Celeron 530Mhz
192Mbram (less that him)
90Gg hd(s)

i doubt thats the problem, i played mp3's fine on a 550 mhz computer with 128mb of ram
Yeah I know, we've all played Mp3's in the past, but in the past we weren't using operating systems like WinXP, and if he's doing a bunch of stuff at once with a processor like a celeron that could also cause problems.

But its sounding like he's trying to listen to it while it downloads which would pretty much be the reason it's skipping. Trying to read and write to the file at the same time.

Nubius said:
Yeah I know, we've all played Mp3's in the past, but in the past we weren't using operating systems like WinXP, and if he's doing a bunch of stuff at once with a processor like a celeron that could also cause problems.

But its sounding like he's trying to listen to it while it downloads which would pretty much be the reason it's skipping. Trying to read and write to the file at the same time.

actually i was using windows xp, and win xp is still on that computer (now my dads)

That's why I said "And if he's doing a bunch of stuff too" because yes I realize peope have WinXP on older systems as well.

I played Mp3's on a 65MHz, 16mb macintosh =/

Could be a crappy soundcard or crappy mobo, wrong drivers etc.
Enough RAM, I used to play MP3's on my MMX with only 256RAM and lots of programs opened without lagging.

Sorry, I guess I should have been more specific.

My problem is this: When i download mp3s at the same time as im playing mp3s that are already downloaded, the computer freezez momentarily, and goes back to its operations.

Specs: AMD Athlon XP 1.8G
Ram: 256MB PC2700
WINXP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom