AMD XP 2200+ vs Intel Celeron 2.06 GHz

Status
Not open for further replies.

WisdomRacing

Baseband Member
Ok well I'm gonna be making my second comp and need to know which of my CPUs is best. I'm gonna be doing mild gaming (CS 1.6 and such), but mostly surfing the net/downloading the stuff I don't want on my gaming rig. It's gonna have either an AMD 2200+ or Celeron (2 GHz I believe), a Chaintech Fx 5200 64 mb AGP vid card and probably 256 mb of ram (maybe 128 for a couple weeks).

Thanks for the help. Also should I put XP Pro or Home on it?

A mobile 35/45 watter will cost you under $100, and they are MASSIVE overclockers and run cool. i'd definetly get that chip. even if your not overclocking a stock 2400/2500/2600 mobile chip will run VERY cool and still give you better performance than a Celeron. The bartons have 512k L2 Cache.

XP Pro all the way...Home has alot of junk u probably dont need and does not include some essential stuff. Seems ALOT esier to tweak and strip down for performance and for networking it's alot easier than Home.

Ok cool. And I already own these 2 chips that's why I'm not looking for anything else. I'll probably use the AMD.

WisdomRacing said:
Ok cool. And I already own these 2 chips that's why I'm not looking for anything else. I'll probably use the AMD.

ah ok...that makes sense. i dunno how well the 2200+ overclocks, lowest i ever had was a 2400+ and it did superb for a Tbred-B i think.

athlon > celeron
p4 > athlon
An athlon XP and athlon are completely different. And to simply say p4 > athlon xp is pretty broad.

Depends on which two chips you were comparing.

Mine OC'd to 2.5GHz is comparable to a 3.2GHz+ Intel.

But yeah that 2200+ would destroy the celeron.

I'm sure it'd OC a little, but I wouldn't expect much

SHAWN said:
athlon > celeron
p4 > athlon ;)

oh my, AMD VS INTEL

The AMD will be alot faster in this case and i would bet my money it would even beat out the new Celeron D 2.4's for gaming/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom